Error processing 8i

From: Karniotis, Stephen <Stephen_Karniotis_at_compuware.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:24:12 -0800

Hi everyone:

  Looking for some advice on this topic. I have a web-based application, written in Java, BEA WebLogic and 8.1.7.0.0. I am looking for suggestions on how to perform error processing within both database triggers and stored PL/SQL code. Rachel C. (bless her heart) just called me (yes, only a few have my home phone) and suggested Database Pipes, however, I am ignorant as to how the app server/java front end would process the information contained in the pipe.

  I would love to use Autonomous transactions, but am unsure where they appeared in the RDBMS. Rachel indicated 8i, but we are not sure which version of 8i.

  Folks. I am looking for suggestions, as I have been tasked with re-writing an entire web application back end for efficient use of database resources. Thus, any suggestions would be great.

  TIA Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Product Architect
Compuware Corporation

Direct:	(248) 865-4350
Mobile:	(248) 408-2918
Email:	Stephen.Karniotis_at_Compuware.com
Web:	www.compuware.com

Author: Karniotis, Stephen
  INET: Stephen_Karniotis_at_compuware.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 20:24:12 CST