RE: SQL Net connection.

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:39:27 -0800

That is a network function, not SQL*Net. SQL*Net operates through network objects called "sockets". If your socket survives, your database connection will survive , too. Your network engineer can usually slow the heartbeat (TCP_KEEPALIVE) to probing the other peer every 30 minutes. If the connection is reestablished within that interval, it will not die. Modern routers and hubs have many setup options and you can make them rather reliable. My advice is to talk to the CISCO guys.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com