Re: Perl

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:17:21 -0800

I tinkered with Perl, but could never really get used to the syntax. I basically gave up (still maintain familiarity since Perl is very common) and started using Python. I've grown to enjoy coding in Python and use it now for all of the system maintenance and monitoring scripts I write as well as for my web programming work.

I'm not qualified to compare the two languages, but I will say that Perl's Oracle support is better developed and the CPAN archives are a very useful thing. In my opinion, Python is a better designed language and it is perfectly viable for production-level applications in an Oracle environment.

--

Glenn Stauffer
Swarthmore College

Author: Glenn Stauffer
  INET: stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 16:17:21 CST