Re: DataGuard

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:34:54 -0800

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 13:29, Ball, Terry wrote:
> I am going to be taking over the implementation of DataGuard for 9.2.
> Before I do, I'd like to learn as much about it as I can. Have any books
> been written about DataGuard? Or do any books out there have portions
> addressing DataGuard?

Go to tahiti.oracle.com and read the Data Guard Concepts and Administration manual. I've found the documentation pretty decent; you might find that you really don't need anyone else to iterpret it for you.

DG is a nice improvement over the standby database features of 8i. My experience thus far is that it works very well indeed.

--
Glenn Stauffer
Swarthmore College

Author: Glenn Stauffer