Re: Re: Experiences with Automatic Undo Management

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:18:47 -0800

Connor McDonald,

		Hi, for IO balance , I think in most case, we put datafiles on raid so it is not a problem? Or you can use multiple datafiles, which will give you solution when no raid or multiple raid is used and you want to balance io?
		I used AUM too in my rac system, but my system is most read only so did not see anything different , performance is pretty good.
		By the way, do friends in this list also suggest never shutdown database? I prefer to shutdown db/unix every several monthes, to give out a stable os enviroment.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.happyit.net