RE: more consistent gets, but more quickly?

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:02:23 -0800

The stats output for your sql shows no physical reads.

This means either the whole table is cached or simply since you ran the test many times you got all the blocks you're interested in cached.

Since all the needed blocks are cached, I do not think fetching the rows using the rowid would be any different if the rows are in one cached block or many cached blocks.

Waleed

Author: chao_ping
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Khedr, Waleed INET: Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services