Re: Oracle 9i 32bit and 64bit on the same server

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 06:54:22 -0800

As far as having the 32blt client, just create a new home for it. You can use another SID for the /etc/oratab file so that oraenv/coraenv works as it should. Now as far as this application owner having to shutdown & restart the instance, well that is just a pile of BULL. I haven't found the application that needs that level of access. I'd tell the duhveloper to go fly a kite.

Dick Goulet

=?iso-8859-1?q?Joshua=20Becker?= <jbecker_sweden_at_yahoo.se> wrote on 1/25/03 8:49 pm:

Hi all,

I have a following problem I hope you could help me:

I have an UNIX box (Solaris8) where I have installed 9iRel2 64 bit software, also I have created two instances using that 64 bit version.

Now we are also having an application which needs 32 bit 9i client software on the same server. The user who owns this application also needs every now and then shutdown and start the instances.

How I should configure the profile of this application user. I have an oracle -account who "owns" the instances and the application user is also in dba -group.

Thank you in advance,

Joshua

Gratis e-mail resten av livet på: www.yahoo.se/mail Busenkelt!
<P>Hi all,</P>
<P>I have a following problem I hope you could help me:</P> <P>I have an UNIX
box (Solaris8) where I have installed 9iRel2 64 bit software, also I have created two instances using that 64 bit version.</P> <P>Now we are also having an application which needs 32 bit 9i client software on the same server. The user who owns this application also needs every now and then shutdown and start the instances.</P>
<P>How I should configure the profile of this application user. I have an oracle
-account who "owns" the instances and the application user is also in dba -group.</P>
<P>Thank you in advance,</P>
href="www.yahoo.se/mail">www.yahoo.se/mail</a><br> Busenkelt!

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com