Re: Analytics Performance was RE: Tricky query question

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:53:40 -0800

An odd thing, though. Sometimes the query that is (a little) slower when run stand-alone is the better bet when run in a highly concurrent environment because of latching issues.

Converting self-joins to analytics can, on occasion, increase CPU usage but reduce latching - a strategy that seems to be favoured in recent versions of the Oracle kernel.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Coming soon a new one-day tutorial: