RE: auto backup and spfile restore

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 07:23:47 -0800

Well, I found the problem.
There was still a pfile in the default location. The only entry in that pfile was 'spfile=...' Since that spfile had been deleted, the file not found error message was returned.
When I delete the pfile, the recovery worked as documented....

RMAN> connect target /

connected to target database (not started)

RMAN> set DBID=1370501721

executing command: SET DBID

RMAN> startup force nomount;

startup failed: ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

LRM-00109: could not open parameter file '/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2/dbs/initr'

trying to start the Oracle instance without parameter files ...

Oracle instance started

Total System Global Area 160918624 bytes

Fixed Size 736352 bytes

Variable Size 109051904 bytes

Database Buffers 50331648 bytes

Redo Buffers 798720 bytes

RMAN> restore spfile from autobackup

2> ;

Starting restore at 25-JAN-03

allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1

channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=9 devtype=DISK

channel ORA_DISK_1: looking for autobackup on day: 20030125

channel ORA_DISK_1: looking for autobackup on day: 20030124

channel ORA_DISK_1: autobackup found: c-1370501721-20030124-06

channel ORA_DISK_1: SPFILE restore from autobackup complete

Finished restore at 25-JAN-03

RMAN> shutdown abort

Oracle instance shut down

RMAN> startup

connected to target database (not started)

Oracle instance started

database mounted

database opened

Total System Global Area 320301720 bytes

Fixed Size 735896 bytes

Variable Size 285212672 bytes

Database Buffers 33554432 bytes

Redo Buffers 798720 bytes

RMAN>   thank you for the response Robert.

chris

Author: Chris Stephens
  INET: ChrisStephens_at_affina.com