Re: Re: How to parallel index scan.

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:24:20 -0800

Hi,
  After your words, I did a single thread of index creation and i was so surprised to find that the time spent on index creation is less: SQL> CREATE INDEX IDX_PRO ON PRODUCTS(SELLER_ID) NOLOGGING ; Index created.

Elapsed: 00:01:12.65
God!
But I still think there is something we can tune.I noticed that when one thread creating index, cpu usage is high, while multiple thread index create, cpu usage is low. They are waiting for the wait event like those i listed in the statspack report. Thanks for your experience.:)

Author: chao_ping
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com