RE: senior oracle dba

From: Hately, Mike (NESL-IT) <Mike.Hately_at_npowernorthern.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:09:09 -0800

"Senior" isn't an absolute term. A senior DBA in a small development house could be the guy who knows how to add a tablespace. A senior DBA in a large company may have to combine a good level of technical ability with a good deal of management and business skills.

The term also seems to be used to imply a high level of experience and/or length of service. I have to admit it does sound better than 'old and cynical'.

Regards,
Mike Hately