RE: RE: Upgrade from 7.3.4 to 8.0.6

From: Bowes, Chris <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:54:29 -0800

A valid question. With a pseudo-valid answer, which is: Because there is no 8i for hp-ux 10.20. We have been asking for upgrades and all for the last 4+ years and the management answer is "do nothing until SAP is completed". SAP was started in 1996 and is still not complete and will probably not be until February of 2039. I only received permission for the 8.0 upgrade because 8i requires 2 upgrades: hpux (since "sap may replace the hp-ux boxes" I cannot get that conversion done) and oracle. 8.0.6 only requires oracle. Right now, I only have permission to convert 2 bases. The other 6 have to stay on 7.3.4, because "SAP may do away with that system, so don't do any requests on it or spend any real time on it..."

"They don't call this place the resume stain for nothing" (Dilbert).

--Chris

Author: Cyril  Thankappan
  INET: cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com

Author: Bowes, Chris