Date conversion

From: Leonard, George <george.leonard_at_farnell.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:03:41 -0800

Hi all

One of the developers came to me. They are using a Genesys call logging system.

It has apparently stored a date time in a number field as the number of seconds since 1970 1 Jan 0:00

They need to know exactly what time this is.

I can not off hand remember that oracle got a conversion routine for this.

Anyone know of one, they prefer something already there compared to something that I write.

I was thinking figure out how many days the seconds represent, add this to the date of 1 Jan 1970. then figure out what time of day the remainder seconds are to determine the time of day ?

Ideas.

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
Dimension Data (Pty) Ltd
(Reg. No. 1987/006597/07)

Cell: (+27) 82 655 2466
Tel: (+27 11) 575 0573
Fax: (+27 11) 576 0573
E-mail:george.leonard_at_za.didata.com
Web: http://www.didata.co.za

You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a Person You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity! Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk, Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!

Author: Leonard, George
  INET: george.leonard_at_farnell.com