RE: senior oracle dba

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:08:09 -0800

Bp,

   Often where the term "Senior DBA" comes up is with company HR departments. It isn't usual for we DBAs to greet each other with "Hi, I'm a senior DBA". I agree with Mark's comments, but just wanted to point out this other aspect to the issue. Sometimes HR people use this as a method for categorizing people in terms of making sense out of salaries. HR criteria may have nothing to do with what you are thinking of. Personally I often can't understand HR criteria.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com