Re: create tablespace problem

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 05:18:41 -0800

<RANT>
I have a problem understanding why anyone would ask a question and then not display the exact error number and error message text they are seeing. There are thousands of error messages in Oracle and the platforms it runs upon and the APIs it supports, and the text associated with the number is practically useless, due to differences in local language, problems with recollection, sloppy wording, etc.

For heavens sake people: please include the error number too! Not just your vague recollection of the wording of the message, not just some edited version of the error text, not just the code throwing the error. The number, the number, the blasted number!!! It's the only sure way to precisely identify what has happened, and people just throw it away... </RANT>

...breathe.......breeaatthhhe......oooooom.....ooooooooooommmmmmm....Ah! Better now? Nope....oooooommmm.....ah-ooooommmmm.....

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com