RE: RE: create tablespace problem

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:09:52 -0800

>Pomin,
>
>Pls check this tablespace whether it's already
>exist in your database.
>Try this script (connect as sys):
>
>SQL > select * from dba_tablespaces where
>tablespace_name = 'TSelCZ_Data';

Would be better in UPPERCASE. Besides, this is far from being enough. When you drop a tablespace, the files subside (Hmm, I think that it is not necessarily still true with Oracle9 ... need to RTFM) and should (assuming a version which etc. etc.) be removed by hand. File existence prevents you from creating a new one with the same name. The tablespace no longer appears in DBA_TABLESPACES (version dependent ?) but still lurks in sys.ts$.  Of course you can use REUSE but this is a great way to wipe out an existing, useful tablespace by mistake.

Author: Stephane Faroul
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com