RE: question about rman

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:29:41 -0800

Chris - We use RMAN to back up to disk, then copy the files to tape. We found the MML piece VERY expensive.

    The part I don't understand about your original note is the part about the disappearing mount points. We write the backup to disk, and yes if we need to perform a recovery we will need to ensure the file RMAN needs is available at that exact point on disk, with the same name. If the file has been deleted, then we will have to bring the file back from tape first.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com