UNIX performance analyzing/tuning

From: Andrey Bronfin <andreyb_at_elrontelesoft.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 06:04:02 -0800

Dear gurus!
I am sure many of us face this issue at some point : we have monitored Oracle performance , tuned what we could , fixed some offending SQLs and the next step is further optimize our databases by the way of analyzing and tuning the underlying O/S performance.
I came to this question, since i am about to visit a customer's site in order to optimize their database.
I am almost sure that the O/S (HP-UX 11 in this case) needs optimization as well.
I can also predict that , in particular, I/O should be tuned . So , if you have any personal recommendations, notes, papers , methods , policies etc that concentrate on UNIX performance tuning (especially HP-UX) , would you please share.
I am interested in both high-level "do this and look at that" policies as well as some useful commands (with some cool options) and what to concentrate on, while examining the commands' output. Many thanks in advance.
Andrey.

This warning is inserted into all messages containing binary attachments which have been removed by ListGuru. If you have questions about this message, contact Postmaster_at_fatcity.com for clarification.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C155.72F05850--

Author: Andrey Bronfin
  INET: andreyb_at_elrontelesoft.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 08:04:02 CST