Upgrade from 7.3.4 to 8.0.6

From: Bowes, Chris <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:28:47 -0800

Hi everyone!

     Has anyone seen this and know a solution? I am upgrading a base from 7.3.4 to 8.0.6. Everything appears to go fine until the catrep8m script. In that script I get several errors:

Statement processed.

                        (P.delivery_order < C.cscn)))))
                           *

ORA-00904: invalid column name
grant select on defcalldest to select_catalog_role
                *

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
comment on table DEFCALLDEST is
                 *

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
comment on column DEFCALLDEST.CALLNO is

*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
comment on column DEFCALLDEST.DEFERRED_TRAN_ID is

*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
comment on column DEFCALLDEST.DBLINK is

*

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
DROP PUBLIC SYNONYM defcalldest

                    *

ORA-01432: public synonym to be dropped does not exist Statement processed.
                              OR (P.delivery_order < C.cscn))))
                                    *

ORA-00904: invalid column name
Statement processed.
Statement processed.
Statement processed.

This then forces several dictionary packages invalid and they wont' recompile.

I have tried rebuilding the dictionary before I upgrade and rebuilding after I upgrade. Neither one seems to work. When I rebuild, the catrep script gives that same error.

So far Oracle hasn't been able to find it. Has anyone seen this and know the fix?

Thanks in advance.

--Chris
Chris.Bowes_at_Kosa.Com

Author: Bowes, Chris