(no subject)

From: Arup Nanda <arupnanda_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:44:08 -0800

David,

The very term MATERIALIZED VIEW means the data is created. In this case you have a segment called EMP in your local database. Users, when they select from EMP, will only see data that has been placed there; they will not see the remote database EMP table. When the MV is refreshed the changes are propagated across to your local DB.

HTH. Arup
Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: arupnanda_at_hotmail.com