Re: Moving tables from one tablespace to another tablespace

From: Arup Nanda <arupnanda_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:33:44 -0800

And, therefore...?

In case of long, array inserts are NOT performed in import. A record is committed as soon as it's inserted. Imagine a multi-thousand row table that issues a commit after each row; your log buffers will be flushed so frequently that you will experience severe log buffer related waits. COPY lets you do in chunks by specifying COPYCOMMIT, not for each row. That was the point. In import specifying COMMIT=Y does a commit after each row (in case of LONGs), a frequency impossible to control.

Your excerpt from the doc simply reiterated what I mentioned. So are you merely reinforcing the post with an extract from the docs or proving it wrong?

Arup

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/server.817/a76955/ch02

Author: Arup Nanda
  INET: arupnanda_at_hotmail.com