RE: Oracle Silent Installs and Response files...

From: Rodrigues, Bryan <BRodrigues_at_elcom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:35:47 -0800

Greg,

If you are upgrading to Oracle 8.1.7.4 on a hp-ux server without an X-term and trying to use silent install to get around it, don't do it. A DBA I work with was trying to do it and ran into issues. I researched it on metalink and found a thread that listed 3 bugs associated with this situation.
<BUG:754480> Silent Install from TELNET Session Gives Error: "DISPLAY NOT
SET...."
<BUG:763584> Runinstaller Expects DISPLAY Variable to be Set for Silent
Install

<BUG:1191382> OUI Installer Requires an X-DISPLAY to Connect to even in
Silent Mode

I have not tried it in other situations, but be aware of this one.

Bryan Rodrigues
Elcom, Inc.
DBA -----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 9:25 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hey guys-
 any of you all messed around with the silent install/response files? I'm looking for tips, advice, do's, don'ts,etc,etc

TIA Greg Loughmiller
Sr Manager - Enterprise Data Architecture gloughmiller (IPS)
678.893.3217 (office)

Author: Rodrigues, Bryan
  INET: BRodrigues_at_elcom.com