Re: iAS 903 902 install

From: Jeff Herrick <jherrick_at_igs.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:50:10 -0800

Barb,

I've been deploying forms over the web since OAS 4.07 and I had Oracle WebServer experience going back to version 2. What I found was that knowing all of that stuff made it worse for trying to figure out 9IAS Rel 2 (9.03). What further complicates it (web forms that is) is that if you read the documents on Metalink regarding the forms listener 'Servlet' implementation then you will be lost trying to set it up using 9.0.3

9IAS Rel 2 uses OC4J (Oracle Container 4 Java) to run the forms listener servlet so most of the config is done for you already. Your point of contact with the app server is the

IAS_HOME\forms90\server\formsweb.cfg

file which contains most of the variables that I used to hand-code in the static html JInitiator file. What you need to do to get a form up is

  1. install the 9IAS Rel2 Infrastructure in its own home
  2. intall the 9IAS Rel2 BI Forms and Reports install in its own home
  3. install Forms9i/Reports9i in its own home
  4. add a section called 'barb' to the IAS_HOME (not the infrastructure or forms home) \forms90\server\formsweb.cfg like the following

[barb]
form=your_main_menu.fmx
separateFrame=True
lookandfeel=Generic
otherparams=others parms your forms might need

5) Add your forms path to the FORMS90_PATH variable in the

   file IAS_HOME\forms90\server\default.env

6) bring up the IAS instance in the OEM brower and stop and

   start the BI_FORMS OC4J instance

7) point your browser at

   http://yourserver:yourport/forms90/f90servlet?config=barb

   and your form should come up

Note all of the port numbers that the install assigns. On a fresh install I got port=1810 for the OEM console and port=7778 for the first website.

In comparison to OAS/OWS it's easy, that's why I say that knowing the earlier architectures can be even more confusing =8-)

HTH Jeff Herrick

Author: Jeff Herrick
  INET: jherrick_at_igs.net