Re:from Non-Archive-Mode to Archive-Mode

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:14:30 -0800

Murat,

    Whether your in archive log or no archive log mode is a database wide thing. It is not set at the tablespace or object level. As for how much disk will you need, connect to the database with svrmgrl or SQL*Plus as sys and issue the "archive log list" command. Take the oldest online log sequence number, multiple by your online redo log size and divide by the number of days since you created the instance. That should provide you with the average amount of redo you produce per day. Now to be on the safe side, I'd acquire twice that much disk, just in case.

Dick Goulet

Author: "MURAT BALKAS" <murat.balkas_at_o2.net.tr>
Date:       1/17/2003 2:08 AM

Hi,

      how can I calculate/estimate the extra disk space I'll need if I change the log mode from non-archive-mode to archive-mode. I want to change the log mode of all my objects. Do I need to do this one-by-one or is it enough if I change the log mode of my tablesapces?

Thanks in advance

Murat

Bu e-posta sadece yukarida isimleri belirtilen kisiler arasinda ozel haberlesme amacini tasimaktadir. Size yanlislikla ulasmissa lutfen mesaji geri gonderiniz ve sisteminizden siliniz. Rt.Net Internet Hizmetleri Pazarlama ve Ticaret A.S. bu mesajin icerigi ile ilgili olarak hic bir hukuksal sorumlulugu kabul etmez.

This e-mail communication is intended for the private use of the persons named above. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. Rt.Net Internet Hizmetleri Pazarlama ve Ticaret A.S. does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

Author: MURAT BALKAS
  INET: murat.balkas_at_o2.net.tr

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 08:14:30 CST