Re: Important - Oracle Pricing on Standby/DR/Failover databases

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:53:38 -0800

Tony,

come out of the woodwork more often!

By standby I mean Oracle's standby database, now named DataGuard. since this *is* a running database and can be opened for read access in 8i and read/write (with logical standby running) in 9i, it's another license. And I have no objection to it be charged as that. Although I'd like to see the charge for the physical standby be less, since the database is not normally in use.

I agree, if Oracle is not running, then there shouldn't be a charge.

Rachel

=== message truncated ===

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com