RE: Ideas for future authors

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:40:13 -0800

C# for the Oracle DBA?

Local cell dwellers are now looking for the source of manical laughter. ;)

Extensions? Well, maybe.

I'm working on a sqlplus break/compute type of module that is still rather crude. It's been quite a process, as I'm using aspects of OOP I've never used, and a few other things.

Which is a nice way of saying that I've not done any serious OOP and the code probably sucks.

After it all works, there are a couple of folks I want to have take a look at it to tell me just how badly it sucks.

Then I'll fix it. If it's good enough, it may be something worthy of integration into DBI::Shell, and/or DBI.

We'll see.

There are also some other scripts I've thought of integrating into the PDBA toolkit, but just haven't got to it.

sqldump: dump v$sqltext and v$sqlarea stats to a text file, which can then be sorted by any of the stats you like without connecting to the database again.

get_oracle_services.pl and NT_check_services.pl:

Get all currently running oracle services from all NT/Win2k servers in a domain, write to a configuration file.

Then run NT_check_services.pl to determine if a service is running, and start it if it isn't running.

Others I can't recall at the moment...

Jared

"Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 01/16/2003 06:54 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Ideas for future authors

And it was a good book you wrote (Perl for Oracle DBA). Any extensions/2nd editions? What about C# for oracle DBA?

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com