RE: Important - Oracle Pricing on Standby/DR/Failover databases

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:39:42 -0800

This is interesting...

So in the event of a true DR where a DR center has servers co-located and are available for hundreds of potential customers do we need to pay for the license on the box we use at the DR center if it is used more than 10 days a year? Does one pay after they have gone over the 10 day limit? What if the DR center gives you a box much larger than the one you are currently licensed for, say you go from a 4 CPU's to 12?

Is is possible for hundreds of customers to be paying for Oracle licenses on just a few boxes at the DR center, with the assumption that they might be utilized?

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 10:39:42 CST