ORacle PID = WinNT PID ?????

From: Foelz.Frank <Foelz.Frank_at_Scheidt-Bachmann.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:58:43 -0800

Hi all,

can anyone tell me, if the Oracle PID has to be the same as the Windos process id ?

I ran the following script, to find ou, if a hanging process is still connected to the database:

     select
     substr(a.spid,1,5) pid,
     substr(b.sid,1,5) sid,
     substr(b.serial#,1,5) ser#,
     machine box,
     substr(b.username,1,10) username,
     -- b.server,
     substr(b.osuser,1,8) os_user,
     substr(b.program,1,30) program
     from v$session b, v$process a
     where
     b.paddr = a.addr
     and type='USER'
     order by spid;

PID   SID   SER#  BOX                                             USERNAME
OS_USER  PROGRAM
00111 58    10121 networkname                                     xx
xxxxxxx C:\myexe.exe

If find the process myexe.exe on networkname in the taskmanager the PID is : 478 (HEX 1DE). The database is
on a separate server in the network.

TNX

Author: Foelz.Frank
  INET: Foelz.Frank_at_Scheidt-Bachmann.de