RE: Tracing or not tracing, this is the question now.

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:48:48 -0800

Mladen,

Form 2 previous list postings:

"

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 30 January 2002 5:51 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Here you go...

  1. Find the OSPID for the suspected user (other than pmon, smon and their famiy)

select s.username, p.spid
from v$session s, v$process p
where s.paddr = p.addr;

2) Use oradebug to connect to that spid (here I have 26073, and the session was tracing event 10046)

SVRMGR> oradebug setospid 26073
Oracle pid: 11, Unix process pid: 26073, image: oracle_at_myservername (TNS V1-V3)

3) Dump the events for the connected spid...

SVRMGR> oradebug dump events 1
Statement processed.

4) Look in the trace file in the udump directory..

Following is what you see in the trace file when the session is not tracing.....

Dump event group for level SESSION
TC Addr Evt#(b10) Action TR Addr Arm Life

~

I thank Ross for his nifty hints and his time last night, when I was having a 'brain fart' while testing this...

I learned something new from him... :)

Cheers!

OR

It would seem this approach will only work for the current session
"

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au