RE: Re: Run obsolete Oracle 7 scripts against Oracle 8i database?

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:09:11 -0800

v$instance changed a lot. Otherwise Jared is right about #, which was mostly appended to (number) columns named 'TYPE' (became a reserved word in 8.x, thanks to the $£ùàç?%* object option) (in sys.obj$, sys.user$ most notably, possibly sys.seg$ too - perhaps sys.con$ or sys.cdef$ as well, can't remember). To answer the original question more precisely, there is a O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY init.ora parameter (in 8 and 8i at least), but I am still unclear about its exact meaning and purpose.

Author: Stephane Faroul
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com