Context/Intermedia/OracleText index rebuilds and ORA-29863

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:29:25 -0800

Hey all,

Spent last night (til the Witching Hour) patching from 8.1.7.2 to 8.1.7.4. During the process, we had all three of our Context indexes trashed. My guess is that it was because CTXSYS.CTX_DDL.INDEX_SYNC() DBMS_JOB was running while the CTX upgrade scripts were running. I thought it was funny that there were no instructions to break this job before the upgrade, but it did work in test back in September.

Anyway, I filed a TAR, and after re-running the "dr0" admin scripts, we tried to rebuild the indexes online using:

ALTER INDEX my_context_index REBUILD ONLINE;

Alas, the error:

ORA-29863: Warning in the Execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE Routine

reared it's ugly puss. We checked the advice of the Metalink article on the error, but we didn't have any of those symptoms (out of Temp or Perm TS space) and ended up dropping and recreating the indexes.

So, has anyone run across this error before? I'd hate to think I'm not able rebuild indexes, much less online...

TIA!
Rich

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 11:29:25 CST