Re: Parallel Replication of Single Table

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad5698_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:40:21 -0800

Hi Larry,

> In the distributed manual it
> makes a comment about DML serializing when doing remote operations.

I am not sure about replication but in the past (on 8.1.5 and 8.1.6 versions) this has been my experience with CTAS over a dblink or DML over dblink in that it serializes.
In order to achieve parallelism, the only workaround we had was (though not pretty :-) ) to use the ROWID hint on the CTAS and build a set of partition tables at the target and then merge them into a single table.

Regards,
Madhavan
http://www.dpapps.com

--