Re: newbie question - still: please help

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:54:52 -0800

Even with this little bit of information, it's obvious your DBA is on the right track.

Any script that loops and executes 'hundred thousands of sequential update statements' is total nonsense.

This will bring most any database to it's knees in a hurry.

Oh yes, I've had developers pull this one on me. How about a 10gig text file of INSERT statements?

Please supply more info, but from what you have here, I would say you should start listening to your DBA.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com