Dead shared server msgs in alert log + core dumps

From: <karen_at_morton-consulting.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:09:17 -0800

Has anyone ever seen a similar message to the following showing up in the alert log and creating dump/trace files:

Mon Jan 13 09:45:22 2003
found dead shared server 'S000', pid = (9, 13) Mon Jan 13 10:13:46 2003
Errors in file /u01/app/oracle/admin/ndi/bdump/ndi_s000_3556.trc: ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [0000000100E8EAE0] [SIGBUS] [Invalid address alignment] [0x812E0000A10E] [] []

The trace file noted contains (partially) the following:

I'm not sure if I need to be overly concerned or not as it doesn't seem to be causing any problems of note at this time. I haven't seen this particular thing before. But, I am curious as to what might be causing the shared server to "die"..... any ideas or experience with this?

There were several similar trace/dump files created over about a 2 hour period, but it appears to have stopped for now. BTW, the box is Sun OS running Oracle 9.2.0.2.

Thanks,
Karen Morton

mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .
Author: karen_at_morton-consulting.com