Re: BCHR Tuning

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:43:57 -0800

On Friday 10 January 2003 14:48, Mogens Nørgaard wrote:
> Obviously, we don't know what we're talking about. I can see there's a
> presentation by Rich Niemich at IOUG-A where he'll address all those
> idiots who are saying you should ignore the Cash Hit Ratio (and who are
> all just after making big money on their products - I loved that one).
> > Or modify the set up of these tools to take action when BCHR falls......

Here's the session info:

Date: Mon, Apr 28, 2003 @ 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM Venue: Southern Hemisphere 2, Walt Disney World

       Dolphin, Lake Buena Vista, FL

Abstract: Lately, there has been a big push to ignore your hit ratio with claims that it is meaningless. This shallow minded view (usually by people who sell a tuning tool) ignores why people look at hit ratios and what they are looking for. This quick tip talk will show you what to look for and why. You will definitely know when, where & why to look at your hit ratio in the future.

Show you why your hit ratio matters. How to analyze the hit ratio. Fallacies by those who want to sell you products and tools instead.

Shallow Minded ?!

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com