Re: BCHR Tuning

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:03:38 -0800

Jonathan,

Since you've mentioned it, how about summarizing those mistakes for the rest of us?

This goes for you too, Mogens. :)

A few things didn't sound right to me, but I don't often spend time doing actual tuning of the database.

My tuning usually involves fixing or working around development errrors. When I have to actually tune the database, I just pick the worst offenders from the wait stats, and then figure out how to fix them by reading everyone else's research and/or experimenting.

Which is a long winded way of saying this stuff doesn't last long in my internal LIFO buffer. :)

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com