dbms_job interval 10till

From: Barbara Baker <barbarabbaker_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:14:03 -0800

 Sun / Solaris 2.6 ; Oracle RDBMS v8.0.5.2.1

List:
I want to change the perfstat statspack.snap procedure   FROM running every hour on-the-hour
  TO running at 10 minutes till the hour.
(On-the-hour is conflicting with another procedure.)
I tried to Read The Frustrating Manual, but I can only find examples for on-the-hour intervals.

I thought I had it nailed when I spoon-fed the job with the next_date value at 10 till, and then the interval for 'SYSDATE+1/24'. When I looked at it after the next run, it was fine, but it has "creeped".  Now it's running whenever it feels like it.

I've lost track of all the date intervals I tried, but here's what I tried last.

variable jobno number;
begin
  select 1 into :jobno from dual;
  end;
/
begin
  dbms_job.change(:jobno,

                  'statspack.snap;',
                   to_date('09-JAN-2003 9:50') ,
                  'SYSDATE+1/24'
                   );

  commit;
end;
/

prompt Job number for automated statistics collection for this instance
prompt

prompt Note that this job number is needed when modifying or removing
prompt the job:
print jobno

Here's what it currently looks like:

What:      statspack.snap;
Job:       1
Priv User: PERFSTAT
Last:      01/10/2003 14:16:13
Running:   NO
Next:      01/10/2003 15:16:13

Interval: SYSDATE+1/24
Total Time: 53985.9999999999999999999999999999999999
Broken:

Any idea how I can get to run consistently at 10 till each hour?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Barb

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com