stripe the log file across different disks?

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:58:50 -0800

hi, friends:

	From many oracle tuning manual, I found words like stripe the redo log on different disks, this should boost redo performance.
	But according to my experience, every single redo write(this size should not be much larger than average transaction redo) is always quite small,and it seems that most raid system give the stripe size much larger than this single write.
	So , according to your experience, does stripe redo log files across different disks really helps performance?
	Thanks.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.happyit.net
www.cnoug.org(ChinaOracle User Group)

Author: chao_ping
  INET: chao_ping_at_vip.163.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 22:58:50 CST