Re: split mirror backups and alter system suspend

From: BigP <big_planet_2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:14:05 -0800

when are you going to put tablespaces back in normal mode . I think you should split the mirror and the put the tablespaces in normal mode . Its not required to to suspend the db prior to split .

disclaimer : Just thoughts no real experience

  Hi,
    We're getting ready to implement split mirror backups for the first time and wanted to check on what others are doing. The thought was to put the tablespaces in backup mode, split the mirror, backup the mirror, and then resynch the drives. The split mirror would be backed up using an OmniBack filesystem backup.

    1.. I believe that an additional step of putting the database in suspend is required prior to the split.  Is this correct?
    2.. Is this a hardware vendor specific requirement? (we are using HP hardware all the way through)
    3.. Do applications using Oracle, such as SAP, need to be brought down during any part of this?
  Any experiences or recommendations are welcome.

  Thanks,
  Russ

Author: BigP
  INET: big_planet_2000_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 17:14:05 CST