Re: lost control files

From: David L Phillips <dphillip_at_dci-usa.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:44:30 -0800

Umm I'll have to apologize for thinking too quick and letting my inner child do the typing.
I haven't had to do a manual create of a control file yet (and hope not to). My paranoia would not allow me to not have a backup control file and init.ora file etc around.
If you have multiple instances of the data base (dev, test, prod) which is what your alluding to, then you would probably have a good start. At this point, I'll bow to the experts here and drag my humble carcass back over to the "just ask questions" side of the room for a while.

David L Phillips
Database Consultant (8i OCP)
Digital Concepts Inc.

> > But if u look at the control file dump script . It doesn't say anything
about creation date or scn or anything . All it has is list of datafiles , logfiles .. etc. > > If my other db on another server is layed out exactly same . wny can't I use that control file , just change db name .

Author: David L Phillips
  INET: dphillip_at_dci-usa.com