RE: External LDAP Server supported by Oracle

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:44:39 -0800

OID is the *ONLY* LDAP solution certified for use by Oracle software. However, they do seem to support some sort of "replication" between OID and other LDAPs. For example, if you want to use SunOne for Oracle names resolution (as opposed to TNSNAMES.ORA or ONAMES) you will still need to have OID in between SunOne and Oracle Networking in order to be supported.

This is just not acceptable, especially given problems we've experienced with OID in 9.0.1 (it's not really LDAPv3-compliant despite the marketing claims) and the fact that OID isn't included with the database (it is included with IAS, which we don't use). We are only a small customer, but if more customers complain, perhaps Oracle Corp will change it's policy on future versions.

Power to the People! :)

Rich

Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com              Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com