Re: lost control files

From: David L Phillips <dphillip_at_dci-usa.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:08:58 -0800

No. It would be like getting amnesia and just using the memories of someone that looks like you. The data stored in the control files is unique to that database. It contains location of files, database name, recovery info etc.

David L Phillips
Database Consultant (8i OCP)
Digital Concepts Inc.

  If I loose all my control files can I restore them by using create control file dump from a similer database .

Author: David L Phillips
  INET: dphillip_at_dci-usa.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 13:08:58 CST