RE: Which session is killing performance?

From: mantfield <mantfield_at_connexus.net.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:57:08 -0800

Since you are on Weenie-doze:
go to task manager (3 finger salute [alt+ctrl+delete]), and order by CPU descending, then look at the PID, make a note of it, and run this script, entering the PID:

column log_tim format a18
col username format a12
col osuser for a12
set linesize 132
set verify off
set pagesize 80
col program for a20
accept id prompt 'Enter shadow process ID : ' select osuser, a.program, sid, a.serial#, sql_address, prev_sql_Addr, taddr,
to_char(logon_time,'DD:HH24:MI:SS') log_tim, spid from v$session a, v$process b
where b.spid=('&&id') and a.paddr = b.addr(+) and a.type !='BACKGROUND' order by logon_time desc ;

Once you have SQL_ADDRESS, then run THIS script, copying and pasting the SQL_ADDRESS value:

set pagesize 200
set verify off
accept adr char prompt "Enter SQL_ADDRESS for session whose SQL you wish to see : "
select ltrim(rtrim(sql_text)) from v$sqltext where address = '&&adr' order by piece;

Or if you have the PID, launch Toad, and get the Trace/Kill view and filter it for the PID, it will show you the SQL in the bottom pane. Much quicker with TOAD.

Regards :

Ferenc Mantfeld

Author: Craig Healey
  INET: C.Healey_at_hhsuk.com