RE: Re_ Performance Issue on 817 !!!

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 04:53:42 -0800

If re-installing Win2K is not an option, then you have to start with the assumption that since the other apps are running, there is a problem with the one app that is not running.

In my opinion it would have been better to rebuild the server from scratch as a Windows2000 server, instead of upgrading the OS. It would have given your sa an opportunity to update the firmware, etc.

If it is the application... look for differences between it and the other ones. What is it using that the other ones are not using? Does Win2K show any entries in Event Viewer? What about Oracle's various log files, anything in there? Any stats inside Oracle that might provide you with clues? (I suspect you already started checking the logs, etc. though).

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Jackson Dumas
  INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca