Re: RE: RMAN and disk usage info

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:33:50 -0800

Freeman Robert - IL,

                Hi, if you limit the size of the channel like:

allocate channel c3 type disk;
allocate channel c4 type disk;
allocate channel c5 type disk;
allocate channel c6 type disk;

 set command id to 'rman';
set limit channel c3 kbytes 1800000;
set limit channel c4 kbytes 1800000;
set limit channel c5 kbytes 1800000;
set limit channel c6 kbytes 1800000;
	Then the size of the initial file will be 1.8GB. I found this when i was backing up a big and empty database and AIX does not support largefile(2GB)(we did not enable largefilesystem support when creating filesystem)., though the actual rman backup is smaller than 2GB.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com
www.happyit.net