9iAS Release2

From: <Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:25:00 -0800

Since Oracle has been unable to help and since I'm desparate, I'm hoping that some list member will be able to provide me a much needed clue.

We hope/plan to have separate Development, Q/A and Production Forms & Reports servers running R2, (not R1).

AFAIK, The Forms builtin function RUN_REPORT_OBJECT requires a Reports Server servername to be specified; such as "server=repserver".

What do I have to do to get a single code base to successfully run in all three (Dev., Q/A, & Prod) environments (WITHOUT any changes to the code)?

I have not found any way to "redirect" or alias the server name via any sort of "administrative" setup or at the OS. We know it could possibly be done via a table lookup, but we'd like to avoid this "solution" if at all possible. AFAIK - R2 Forms Server does NOT utiliize the tnsnames.ora file to locate the Reports Server. Also R2 precludes having two Reports Servers with the same name on the same network.

FWIW - in case it matters, this is being done on Solaris boxes.

  INET: Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 17:25:00 CST