RE: Orawomen

From: Webber Valerie H <Valerie.H.Webber_at_irs.gov>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:44:58 -0800

I have worked in IT in private industry and government for the past 15 years. Unfortunately, I have encountered a lot (not all) of men who have great difficulty accepting women in IT. Its hard at times especially when a woman says something and it is denounced or ignored then a man says the exact same thing and its the greatest idea ever. (this response is from other men in IT)

I think a lot of women in IT are just getting fed up with it and finding something else.

Do men feel threatened my women who are smart and know something they don't know? I don't feel that way about men who are smarter than I am. I just try to learn from them.

Author: <Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com
  INET: Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com

Author: Webber Valerie H
  INET: Valerie.H.Webber_at_irs.gov

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 15:44:58 CST