RE: RMAN Repository

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:23:09 -0800

Joe - I think it is a matter of emphasis. I think you will always have a choice between the control file and the repository. In Oracle8i they emphasized the repository. In Oracle9i they are pointing out that the control file is also appropriate for some sites. I think this is good because it allows RMAN to be flexibly applied to a wide variety of sites. I could be wrong, but I often see a slight change in emphasis blown up into they're dropping 'XXX . . . '.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com