RE: RMAN and disk usage info

From: Koivu, Lisa <Lisa.Koivu_at_efairfield.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:55:05 -0800

I've seen this on my Windows system. It creates one huge file for each channel to disk and the file size shrinks a bit after backup completion. I never tried to determine what is controlling the initial file sizes (heck, it's working and someone is screaming about something else) but your description does make sense.

Lisa Koivu
Oracle Database Administrator
Fairfield Resorts, Inc.
5259 Coconut Creek Parkway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA 33063

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

Author: Freeman Robert - IL
  INET: FREEMANR_at_tusc.com

Author: Koivu, Lisa
  INET: Lisa.Koivu_at_efairfield.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 08 2003 - 11:55:05 CST