RE: Orawomen

From: Whittle Jerome Contr NCI <Jerome.Whittle_at_scott.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:04:47 -0800

My youngest is in high school and is the only woman taking mechanic drawing. She is the best in the class. The instructor was berating the boys that a 'girl' was beating them until my daughter told the instructor to keep gender out of it! She also wanted to join the Chess Club but one of the boys (who was the 'best' player) said girls can't play chess. She beat the jerk 2 out of 3 games and stalemated him in the third while others were watching. She chose not to join. Sweet. So some of the old stereotypes are still out there.

Where I work the majority of programmers are women and DBA's are even.

Jerry Whittle
ASIFICS DBA
NCI Information Systems Inc.
jerome.whittle_at_scott.af.mil